Saturday, August 07, 2010

LUKE. I AM YOUR FATHER.

Disneyland.


If you would've asked a couple months ago what my top ten vacation destinations were, this place would not have been on that list.

But, as it turns out, five days in the kingdom does something to a girl.

And a boy.


And another girl.


And another boy.



As I may have mentioned before, the real kicker for us at DL (I was insider once, so that's the abbreviation I plan to go with from here on out), was jedi training.

It was everything a 5-year old boy (and 39-year old mother) could hope for.

The first day we went, we didn't get in because it was raining. But we got to meet the jedis and, well, those shepards of the darkside.





And then we came back a second time and didn't get picked to be a jedi.

And there was crying.

And then I remembered I've been in PR for 15 years and went back to the hotel and made a sign (you have to MARKET yourself, even to the dark side).

And then we got picked.

And then the fun began.

Henry got to stand right by the jedi master. And may have been slightly intimidated during the traning.



But then we learned that the jedi master moonlighted as a comedian. And things lightened up a bit.

But not for long! After training, interestingly enough, the jedi master sensed a disturbance in the force!



And it soon was Henry's turn to protect the force. Or use the force. Or something.


"You are no match for the darkside!"

But my boy said, "Bring it!"


Then he took his place among the padawans.

Who, together, drove the darkside right out of town.


And then came the best part of the whole thing for me.
This look.

As he got his official jedi certificate and walked across the stage.


It was right before he broke into a full sprint and jumped into my arms.

Freaking happiest place on earth indeed.

No comments: