Monday, April 12, 2010

Party 2.0

Well…we did spend a little time away from the big, blue dumpster this weekend.

Because we had some partying to do.

Our friends Matt and Michele have a boy. His name is Axel. And he turned 4. Henry has a friend at school. Her name is Ava. And she turned 5.

So, you know, we were busy. And we had some fun.

We’ve known and loved Axel (and Matt and Michele and Demi) since, well, the beginning of time. And I dig their circle of friends that comes around to celebrate.




Since we've loved them since the beginning of time, I have this dream that the kids (Axel, Henry, Demi and Stella) will be friends till the end of time. I sure hope it comes true.
But let me be clear that I wouldn't want the dream I have about being chased by a murderer through my old high school to come true.
Just clarifying which dream I'm hoping to make a reality.

And on Sunday, Henry was one of only two boys at Ava’s party. I think there were 13 girls and just the two boys. Which made me happy. Although he was DONE with the party when it was time to open presents.
He wasn’t as interested in princess clothes as the rest of the party-goers.
But I like that he can hang with the girls (and it’s not just because I think little boys should be rounded up and locked away from ages 4 thru 10). It’s simply fun to see him play in a group of kids who like horses more than Batman. Or Spiderman. Or Flash.

So…now Dave is home finishing the rest of the demo/clean-up while I'm bringing home the bacon.

I guess that means party time is over. As Stella would say, "Bye Bye!"

No comments: